Monday, April 21, 2014

Day #1 - Manchester, I'm here!

Greetings from Manchester, England!
I am in the ❤️ of the city!  Currently, I'm sitting in a coffee shop enjoying the free wifi!  The flight was uneventful and I actually slept for a little bit.  I'm paired up with a Middle School Math coach from Bonner Springs named Sarah.  After a solid three hour nap, we ventured out to shop.

The top of the priority list was finding a flat iron.  With the voltage difference, I knew this would be a UK purchase!  We found a store called Boots. This is a cross between Sephora, Ulta, CVS and a nice mall cosmetics department.  It was HUGE!!!  Check that off the list- my locks will be tamed!

We are staying at Arora Hotel- http://manchester.arorahotels.com . Very nice.  Dan would approve!  Word has it they have breakfast and dinner provided for us in the hotel restaurant.

English schools have been on Spring Break.  We saw many families traveling back into Manchester as we arrived in the airport.  Our chauffeur confirmed this too.  Tomorrow is a full day of  learning with the  Teacher Leaders- the UK version of Leading Educators.  We leave the hotel and head to the TL offices.  After sitting and learning  all day, I should be ready to head out for an adventure!

Wednesday, we head to Liverpool to observe at the St. John Bosco College.  http://www.stjohnboscoartscollege.com/. Beyond that, we stay in Manchester.

Take care!



No comments:

Post a Comment